Create Your Own
Prerequisite: Log in to reddit.com with your username and password. Navigate to the front page, or the main page for any subreddit.
- Click “Create your own community” in the right side bar.
- Fill out the boxes with the requested information about your subreddit. Be sure to choose easy to understand name and a descriptive title. Note that the name cannot be changed once the subreddit is created.
- Choose a language for your subreddit.
- Choose your level of privacy – public, restricted, or private.
- Choose which kind of content you would like to allow.
- Choose your other options.
- If you own a website and would like to access your subreddit from it, fill in the domain box with your domain name information.
- Press the create button.
Results: You should now be able to navigate to your subreddit via http://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditName. When you are logged in, your subreddit should also appear in the bar across the top of any page on reddit.
Next steps: Use the administrative tools to make changes to your subreddit.